RAVEN — 100% Analog. Modular Voice.
RAVEN's system-architectural idea was about going back to the basics of subtractive synthesis.
We wanted to capture the raw, non-linearity, and honesty of a 100% analog circuit.
The main engineering challenge of RAVEN was consolidating a highly complex conglomerate of modular, discrete designs into a slim 3U/42HP (Eurorack) form-factor resulting in a uniquely sounding subtractive,
modular, high-performance, musical instrument.
RAVEN is comprised of:
- Dual, wide-range Voltage Controlled Oscillators (C1-C9), unison trackable with extensive FM/AM/PWM possibilities.
- Dual, wide-range Low-Frequency Oscillator (ca. 0.1Hz - Audio) switchable mode.
- A high-headroom, Voltage Controlled Crossfader (A/B).
- The original TheBateleur (Ⓡ pending) Voltage Controlled Filter.
- Two Voltage Controlled Amplifier circuits - A high-performance THAT2162 BlackmerⓇ VCA and an Optocoupler VCA reminiscent of legendary West-Coast designs as a serial-saturation option.
RAVEN combines the simplicity of a performance-friendly, semi-modular synthesizer voice with fully modular, infinitely flexible, workflow possibilities by assigning Control Voltage I/O’s at (almost) every point in the signal workflow.
Each modular component can be seen as a standalone, self-sufficient entity.
The normalized VCF can be used as a standalone 24dB LPF or 3rd Oscillator-voice in self-oscillation range, perfectly tracking 1V/Oct by choice.
- Pitch VCO I
- FM VCO I / AM VCO I
- PWM VCO I
- Sync VCO I
- Pitch VCO II
- FM VCO II
- PWM VCO II
- Sync VCO II
- VCF Linear modulation
- VCF Exponential modulation
- VCF Resonance modulation
- VCA Linear modulation
- Crossfader modulation
- Triangle VCO I
- Square VCO I
- Saw VCO I
- Sub VCO I
- Triangle VCO II
- Pulse VCO II
- Saw VCO II
- White Noise
- VCF output LPF / Self Resonance
- VCA output, Clean / Opto drive
- Crossfader output
- VCF audio input
- VCA audio input
- Crossfader audio Input I
- Crossfader audio Input II
- VCO I Audio and LFO mode toggle
- VCO II Audio and LFO mode toggle
- VCO I FM / AM circuit mode toggle
- Clean / Opto drive mode toggle
- Coarse Pitch VCO I
- Fine Pitch VCO I
- Coarse Pitch VCO II
- Fine Pitch VCO II
- Pulse Width VCO II
- PWM CV Amount
- MOD CV Amount
- Filter Input Amount
- VCF CV Amount
- VCF Cutoff frequency
- VCF Resonance
- VCA Gain Control
- Crossfader Control
- VCO I Signal visualisation
- VCO II Signal visualisation
- VCO I Initial frequency setting
- VCO I Exponential characteristic
- VCO II Initial frequency setting
- VCO II Exponential characteristic
- VCF Initial frequency setting
- VCF Exponential characteristic